Joining the SGBA is an excellent way of getting out on the
River Dart and enjoying the wonderful sailing, canoeing and boating it
has to offer. The Association also organises an active social programme
on and off the water throughout the year.
Benefits of membership
- Unlimited use of the club's fleet of sailing dinghies,
canoes, kayaks and rowing boats for an annual fee of £40
towards the cost of maintenance and insurance (payable with membership
- Daily use of the two club powerboats. Full details here.
- Storage facilities for canoes and dinghies for an annual
fee, but there may be a short waiting list for the foreshore
- Secure lockers at the Club House
(there is a charge for the lockers and there may be a waiting
- Newsletter giving you news of SGBA
events, articles by members and information about forthcoming
- Access to RYA training courses in sailing and
- Invitations to SGBA events throughout the year.
- Opportunities to join up with other members for informal
sailing or boating trips.
- Volunteering of help with social and sailing events is
- Voting rights at the club's Annual General Meetings and the
opportunity to join the Management Committee of the SGBA.
Join the SGBA
Joining the SGBA is easy. Within a couple of weeks you could be on the
water using the club's facilities. Follow these simple steps:
whether you wish to join as a family (£70), together as joint
membership (£65), or as an individual (£55). If you need guidance contact the
- Download and print the membership application:
Membership Application (pdf)
Membership Application (MS Word)
- Complete the application form, including details of any boats you'd
like to store or lockers you'd like to hire.
- Make out a cheque payable
to the Stoke Gabriel Boating Association (SGBA) for the correct annual
membership fee plus the one-off joining fee of £50.
- Send your
completed application form and cheque to the Membership Secretary:
SGBA Membership Secretary
Byter Mill Lane
Enjoy your SGBA membership!