How COVID-19 affects SGBA events and operations?
Last update 26th September
Selected Club Boats Available For Use
Club house first floor remains closed to members
We are trying to minimise the risk of transmitting COVID-19 through the use of shared SGBA facilities. Please follow the procedure detailed below and bear with us as we adapt to evolving government advice:
- No member should come to Mill Point or use a Club boat if they, or a member of their household is suffering from symptoms of COVID-19, or if you have been informed that a close contact has tested positive for COVID-19.
- Observe social distancing rules at all times and the 'rule of 6'.
- Members may use their own boats berthed on the foreshore.
- A limited number of club boats (dinghies, kayaks, SUPs and rowing boats) are available for members who have paid their £40 annual boat use fee and all must be booked in advance. See book boats.
- Monitored sailing sessions replace Sunday sailing and boating. Sessions must be booked in advance. See calendar for details.
- All boats must be thoroughly cleaned before and after use.
- Before going afloat members should take careful note of current and forecast weather conditions and tides. They should not go afloat in conditions or when forecast indicates that may test their strength and abilities. SGBA policy is to be conservative in these assessments and considerate towards others, particularly the emergency services, RNLI, DHNA staff and other river users. Consider limiting the distance you go from the club, consider reefing sailing boats earlier than normal and do not take risks that may prevent your safe return.
- Anyone developing COVID19 symptoms within 5 days of using a club boat or other facilities at Mill Point must inform the Commodore or Vice Commodore so that special cleaning measures can be undertaken.
- Anyone using SGBA facilities with the NHS Test and Trace app installed must scan the NHS Test and Trace QR code posted on the outside of the clubhouse.
- The disabled toilet is available (see newsletters for code), but is for essential use only. Please follow the cleaning instructions provided.
Last updated 09:23 on 26 September 2020