Joining the SGBA is an excellent way of getting out on the River Dart and enjoy the wonderful sailing, canoeing and boating it has to offer. The Association also organises an active social programme on and off the water throughout the year.
Benefits of membership
- Unlimited use of the club's fleet of sailing dinghies, canoes, kayaks and rowing boats for an annual fee of £40 towards the cost of maintenance and insurance.
- Use of the three club powerboats. Full details here.
- Access to RYA training courses in sailing and powerboats.
- Invitations to SGBA events throughout the year.
- Opportunities to join up with other members for informal sailing or boating trips.
- Storage facilities for canoes and dinghies for an annual fee, but there may be a short waiting list for the foreshore spaces.
- Secure lockers and outboard storage at the Club House (there is a charge for the lockers and outboard storage and there is a waiting list).
- Voting rights at the club's Annual General Meetings and the opportunity to join the Management Committee of the SGBA.
- Volunteering to help with social and sailing events is welcomed.
New 2020: We've scrapped the joining fee; there's never been a better time to join.
Joining the SGBA
Email email@example.com with the following details:
- Decide whether you wish to join as a family (£70), as joint membership (£65), or as an individual (£55). Note: New members joining after 30th September will be charged the standard annual subscription but will gain membership running until 28th February 2022.
- Let us know the names, email, telephone number and home address of all those in your membership. For family membership supply the names and ages of the children.
- Let us know if you'd like to pay the annual £40 boat use fee. As with membership, this now covers the period 1st October to 28th February 2022.
- Let us know if you'd like to store a canoe, kayak or dinghy on the foreshore. (Subject to availability).
- Similarly if you would like to store your outboard or rent a locker let us know. There is currently a waiting list for both facilities.
Once we receive your email we'll register you on our system, give you a login and send you an invoice which you can pay online. Gaye our membership secretary will arrange to meet you and show you the club facilities. If you have paid for annual boat use you will then be free to book and take out club boats. Please read the details on the SGBA boat section. Remember buoyancy aids must be worn at all times in SGBA craft.
Last updated 08:02 on 16 October 2020