Joining the SGBA is an excellent way of getting out on the River Dart and enjoy the wonderful sailing, canoeing and boating it has to offer. The Association also organises an active social programme on and off the water throughout the year.
Benefits of membership
- Unlimited use of the club's fleet of sailing dinghies, canoes, kayaks and rowing boats for an annual fee of £40 towards the cost of maintenance and insurance.
- Use of the three club powerboats. Full details here.
- Access to RYA training courses in sailing and powerboats.
- Invitations to SGBA events throughout the year.
- Opportunities to join up with other members for informal sailing or boating trips.
- Storage facilities for canoes and dinghies for an annual fee, but there may be a short waiting list for the foreshore spaces.
- Secure lockers and outboard storage at the Club House (there is a charge for the lockers and outboard storage and there is a waiting list).
- Voting rights at the club's Annual General Meetings and the opportunity to join the Management Committee of the SGBA.
- Volunteering to help with social and sailing events is welcomed.
New 2020: We've scrapped the joining fee; there's never been a better time to join.
Important: As the club facilities and activities are significantly curtailed this season we are offering 50% off membership and annual boat fee. See the updated step 4 below.
Joining the SGBA
Email email@example.com with the following details:
- Decide whether you wish to join as a family (£70), as joint membership (£65), or as an individual (£55). Note: We are currently offering a 50% reduction on these prices.
- Let us know the names, email, telephone number of all those in your membership. For family membership with children without email addresses just provide their names and age.
- Let us know if you'd like to pay the annual £40 boat use fee. Note: Currently reduced to £20.
- Let us know if you'd like to store a canoe, kayak or dinghy on the foreshore. (Subject to availability).
- Similarly if you would like to store your outboard or rent a locker let us know. There is currently a waiting list for locker spaces.
- We'll register you on our system, give you a login and send you an invoice which you can pay online.
- Gaye our membership secretary will arrange to meet you and show you the club facilities.
- If you have paid for annual boat use you will then be free to book and take out club boats. Please read the details on the SGBA boat section. Remember buoyancy aids must be worn at all times in SGBA craft.
Last updated 13:32 on 12 August 2020