Joining the SGBA is an excellent way of getting out on the River Dart and enjoying the wonderful sailing, canoeing and boating it has to offer. The Association also organises an active social programme on and off the water throughout the year.
Benefits of membership
- Unlimited use of the club's fleet of sailing dinghies, canoes, kayaks and rowing boats for an annual fee of £40 towards the cost of maintenance and insurance.
- Use of the three club powerboats. Full details here.
- Access to RYA training courses in sailing and powerboats.
- Invitations to SGBA events throughout the year.
- Opportunities to join up with other members for informal sailing or boating trips.
- Storage facilities for canoes and dinghies for an annual fee, but there may be a short waiting list for the foreshore spaces.
- Secure lockers and outboard storage at the Club House (there is a charge for the lockers and outboard storage and there is a waiting list).
- Voting rights at the club's Annual General Meetings and the opportunity to join the Management Committee of the SGBA.
- Volunteering to help with social and sailing events is welcomed.
New 2020: We've scrapped the joining fee; there's never been a better time to join.
Important: As the club facilities and activities are significantly curtailed this season we are offering 50% off membership and annual boat fee. See the updated step 4 below.
Joining the SGBA
Joining the SGBA is straightforward. In no time at all you could be on the water using the club's facilities. Follow these steps:
- Firstly create an account on our system. Click the "Create an account" button below.
- Once you've created an account you will receive an automated email with details of how to contact the membership secretary who can answer any questions you may have.
- Next fill in the "Apply to join" form. Decide whether you wish to join as a family (£70), as joint membership (£65), or as an individual (£55). Press the Apply button.
Click Pay online now.Coronavirus update: to claim your 50% discount please send an email to the membership secretary and do not press the "Pay online now" button.
- Once you have paid for you membership you can add access the club's fleet of boats by buying annual boat use through the shop.
- If you want to store your canoe or dinghy on the foreshore contact the membership secretary who will advise you on space availability.
- Likewise if you want to store your outboard or rent a locker contact the membership secretary who will advise you if there is available space.
Last updated 05:39 on 26 May 2020