Joining the SGBA is an excellent way of getting out on the River Dart and enjoy the wonderful sailing, canoeing and boating it has to offer. The Association also organises an active RYA training & social programme on and off the water throughout the year.
Benefits of Membership
- Use of the club's fleet of sailing dinghies, kayaks, canoes, SUP's and rowing boats for an annual fee of £40 per membership towards the cost of maintenance and insurance.
- Use of the three club powerboats. Full details here.
- Access to RYA training courses in sailing and powerboats.
- Invitations to SGBA events throughout the year.
- Opportunities to join up with other members for informal sailing or boating trips.
- Storage facilities for dinghies, tenders, kayaks and canoes for an annual fee (subject to availability).
- Secure lockers and outboard storage at the Clubhouse (there is a charge for the lockers and outboard storage and there is currently a waiting list).
- Voting rights at the SGBA Annual General Meeting and the opportunity to join the Management Committee of the SGBA.
- Volunteering to help with social and boating events is welcomed.
- There is no joining fee; there's never been a better time to join.
- SGBA has no car parking facilities. You can park at the Millpool but there is a £5 charge and the car park fills up quickly in the summer.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details:
- Decide whether you wish to join as a family (£70), as joint membership (£65), or as an individual (£55).
- The membership year runs from 1st March. New members joining between 30th September and end of February will be charged the standard annual fee, but this will automatically include the first full membership year (effectively gaining the winter months membership for free).
- Let us know the names, email, telephone number and home address of all those in your membership. For family membership supply the names and dates of birth of children.
- Let us know if you'd like to pay the annual £40 boat use fee for use of SGBA club boats.
- Let us know if you'd like to store a dinghy, kayak, canoe or tender (subject to availability).
- Similarly if you would like to store your outboard or rent a locker let us know. There is currently a waiting list for both facilities.
Once we receive your email we'll register you on our system, give you a login and send you an invoice which you can pay online. Gaye our Membership Secretary will arrange to meet you and show you the club facilities. If you have paid for annual boat use you will then be able to book and take out club boats. Please read the details on the SGBA boat section.
Please remember buoyancy aids must be worn at all times when using any SGBA club boat (including SUP's) and all club boat use must be booked in advance via the website.
Last updated 17:55 on 7 July 2021